30 x 42 cm
10 + 1 AP
archival inkjet print
|year of print||
Threshold amount #4
Finding absence in scenery is the principal theme of Nishiyama’s photographic work. The landscapes have contrasting characters which give us an impression of warmth in desolateness, and he finds a sense of reality in the absent and desolate scenery. Nishiyama tries to figure out why he finds a sense of reality in front of such landscapes through his photography.
The Threshold amount body of work was started in 2009.
The places photographed by Koichi Nishiyama are marginalized areas, decreasing the density of a city which is in a process of construction and deconstruction. There are almost no people in the pictures, but it does not mean that he is not interested in photographing humans; Nishiyama chooses places where there are traces of inhabitants.
The images in the photographs have become sharply focused because Nishiyama would like to clearly represent the details in the landscapes that were captured by the camera lens. This way of taking pictures was influenced by a text that he remembered by Andrei Tarkovsky; “most interesting, most frightening dreams are the ones where you remember everything down to the minutest detail”.
Nishiyama would like to transfer an absent existence within the landscapes into the photographs in order to give a figurative sense to them on this earth. He believes that it could add a new value to our world even if there is no answer to the question about what the reality is in his work.
NEED & NICE TO KNOWS
– “Edition of 20 + 1 AP” means that 20 prints will be made in this size and that there is one additional “artist’s proof”.
– Prints may be made in an analog way (dark room) or digitally. “Archival inkjet prints” are digital prints created using a high-quality inkjet printer, typically on fine art paper.
– The advertised size of the image is approximate and refers to the size of the print (without passepartout or frame).
– Price shown includes sales tax. For delivery addresses outside the EU no sales tax is required, and will be removed during check-out (however you may have to pay import duties).
– Each print comes with an edition number and a certificate of authenticity.
– All works are readily available (possible exception: a print available in different sizes).
For any additional question don’t hesitate to contact us.
NUTTIG & AARDIG TE WETEN
– “Edition of 20 + 1 AP” betekent dat er 20 afdrukken worden gemaakt in deze grootte en dat er één “artist’s proof” is.
– Afdrukken kunnen analoog zijn gemaakt (in donkere kamer) of digitaal. “Archival inkjet prints” zijn digitale afdrukken gemaakt met een inkjetprinter van hoge kwaliteit, doorgaans op fine art papier.
– De vermelde afmeting van het werk is bij benadering en refereert aan de grootte van de afdruk zonder passepartout of frame.
– Vermelde prijzen zijn inclusief BTW.
– Elke afdruk wordt geleverd met editienummer en een certificaat van authenticiteit.
– Alle werken zijn direct beschikbaar (mogelijke uitzondering: afdrukken beschikbaar in meerdere afmetingen).
Aarzel niet contact op te nemen voor meer informatie.