12 x 18 cm photo on 22 x 32 cm sheet, 20 x 30 cm photo on 22 x 32 cm sheet
archival pigment print on fine art paper
12 + 1 AP, 12 + 1 AP
|year of print||
€ 350–€ 500
Jon Cazenave receives his B.A. in Economic Sciences from the University of Deusto in 2001 and, after working for 5 years in the finance world, he decides to move to Barcelona to study photography (2006).
He began deepening in documentary photography as a mean to capture and register the contemporary world and decided to complete his studies with Pep Bonet (Noor Images) in 2007 and in 2008 with Paolo Pellegrin (Magnum Photos), after having been selected to participate in the first Magnum Workshop taking place in Oslo.
Since then, Jon Cazenave has been developing a long-term research project called GALERNA. This work focuses on the idiosyncrasy and aesthetics of the Basque Country with an anthropological perspective, using the cultural sign and symbol in close relation to the contemporary creation.
I was born in San Sebastián but my surname, Cazenave, is of Gascon origin and it is very widespread in the three provinces of the North of the Basque Country. During the winter of 2010 I travelled the way of my ancestors, from their birthplace in the Bearne, down to the sea.
I traced this territory searching for the people whose last name was also Cazenave. They guided me through a way which served me to get to know my origins, discover the North of my country and also to find myself.
The interest of this work lies in the search process through Iparralde (Northern Basque Country) and not so much in finding those origins. I met people with the same surname as mine and they became the guides to discover my country. From then on I have elaborated a personal story which is intimately linked to the territory.
NEED & NICE TO KNOWS
– “Edition of 20 + 1 AP” means that 20 prints will be made in this size and that there is one additional “artist’s proof”.
– Prints may be made in an analog way (dark room) or digitally. “Archival inkjet prints” are digital prints created using a high-quality inkjet printer, typically on fine art paper.
– The advertised size of the image is approximate and refers to the size of the print (without passepartout or frame).
– Price shown includes sales tax. For delivery addresses outside the EU no sales tax is required, and will be removed during check-out (however you may have to pay import duties).
– Each print comes with an edition number and a certificate of authenticity.
– All works are readily available (possible exception: a print available in different sizes).
For any additional question don’t hesitate to contact us.
NUTTIG & AARDIG TE WETEN
– “Edition of 20 + 1 AP” betekent dat er 20 afdrukken worden gemaakt in deze grootte en dat er één “artist’s proof” is.
– Afdrukken kunnen analoog zijn gemaakt (in donkere kamer) of digitaal. “Archival inkjet prints” zijn digitale afdrukken gemaakt met een inkjetprinter van hoge kwaliteit, doorgaans op fine art papier.
– De vermelde afmeting van het werk is bij benadering en refereert aan de grootte van de afdruk zonder passepartout of frame.
– Vermelde prijzen zijn inclusief BTW.
– Elke afdruk wordt geleverd met editienummer en een certificaat van authenticiteit.
– Alle werken zijn direct beschikbaar (mogelijke uitzondering: afdrukken beschikbaar in meerdere afmetingen).
Aarzel niet contact op te nemen voor meer informatie.