52.5 x 64.5 cm including margin
14 + 1 AP
|year of print||
Material Vision – Silent Reading
ESPEN SOMMER EIDE
Espen Sommer Eide is a musician and artist from Tromsø, Norway. Since the end of the 1990s the projects Alog (with Dag-Are Haugan) and Phonophani have been among the most prominent representatives of experimental electronic music from Norway, with a series of releases from the label Rune Grammofon. Live he uses elaborate setups of custom made instruments, hybrids combining electronic and acoustic elements.In addition to touring extensively with his musical projects, Eide also has produced a series of site-specific pieces and artworks and has been involved in a series of art and archive projects with various topics connected to the Barents and arctic regions of Northern Norway.
Material Vision – Silent Reading is a film and series of prints by Espen Sommer Eide, based on the creation of new musical instruments and a performance developed on Bear Island. 19th century Norwegian geologist Balthazar Keilhau describes the island as the “Cadaver of the Earth” due to its lack of vegetation and harsh weather conditions. In exploring an unfamiliar landscape, one cannot avoid a certain process of appropriation, whether one is exploring for the purpose of politics, resources, science or art. The explorer’s gaze cannot help but desire to possess and master the object in view. Through a combination of artistic and scientific performances, Material Vision – Silent Reading investigates various ways of reading a landscape and how the viewer and the viewed relate to each other.
NEED & NICE TO KNOWS
– “Edition of 20 + 1 AP” means that 20 prints will be made in this size and that there is one additional “artist’s proof”.
– Prints may be made in an analog way (dark room) or digitally. “Archival inkjet prints” are digital prints created using a high-quality inkjet printer, typically on fine art paper.
– The advertised size of the image is approximate and refers to the size of the print (without passepartout or frame).
– Price shown includes sales tax. For delivery addresses outside the EU no sales tax is required, and will be removed during check-out (however you may have to pay import duties).
– Each print comes with an edition number and a certificate of authenticity.
– All works are readily available (possible exception: a print available in different sizes).
For any additional question don’t hesitate to contact us.
NUTTIG & AARDIG TE WETEN
– “Edition of 20 + 1 AP” betekent dat er 20 afdrukken worden gemaakt in deze grootte en dat er één “artist’s proof” is.
– Afdrukken kunnen analoog zijn gemaakt (in donkere kamer) of digitaal. “Archival inkjet prints” zijn digitale afdrukken gemaakt met een inkjetprinter van hoge kwaliteit, doorgaans op fine art papier.
– De vermelde afmeting van het werk is bij benadering en refereert aan de grootte van de afdruk zonder passepartout of frame.
– Vermelde prijzen zijn inclusief BTW.
– Elke afdruk wordt geleverd met editienummer en een certificaat van authenticiteit.
– Alle werken zijn direct beschikbaar (mogelijke uitzondering: afdrukken beschikbaar in meerdere afmetingen).
Aarzel niet contact op te nemen voor meer informatie.